If you would like to change or cancel your insurance policy, please submit the form below.
Changes and Cancellations
There are three different kinds of changes:
- Simple Changes
- Material Changes
Simple Changes are those which do not affect the premium cost, such as changing;
The Named Insured
Adding an Additional Insured
The Policy Start Date (not the duration)
- Request a simple change via the Changes & Cancellations form above.
- Receive your notice of change via email.
- Forward your revised certificate to the appropriate party.
Change requests are typically fulfilled next business day. A revised certificate will be emailed to you once the change has been processed.
Material Changes are those which DO affect the premium cost, such as:
Changing the limit of insurance
Material changes in your operations
To make a material change you must cancel your original policy and start over by purchasing a new policy. All policies are issued for a 12 month term from the start date of the policy or material change. Inception date cannot be back-dated.
- Request a 'Material Change' (process refund) via the Changes & Cancellations form above.
- Return to the Lawyers Financial Office Insurance Program policy page, start a new purchase, and enter your updated details. Use the effective date of the change (cancellation date of current policy) as the inception date of the new policy.
- Receive your notice of cancellation via email (refunds can take one or two billing periods to appear).
Cancellations must be done in writing. Once you have completed the Changes and Cancellations form above, a broker will contact you. You will be asked to forward your signed cancellation request to their attention so it can be processed and any applicable refunds can be issued.
NOTE: There is a minimum retained premium for mid-term cancellations of $150. (Not applicable if cancelling due to material change).